Prices & Specification for v6.1 GRP Hull with Teak on Glass DeckPetticrows “Teak on glass” Dragon combines the beauty of a wooden deck with the practicality of a GRP boat. Unlike a wooden decked boat, they require minimal maintenance and are a great solution for sailors who love the traditional look of the Dragon.
The hull and deck are GRP but during construction we create a small recess in the deck to allow a teak veneer deck to be laid in the recess. We carefully calculate the construction so that the boat weight and weight distribution fall within the usual parameters for a racing Dragon.
All other aspects of the v6.1 Dragon are the same as a standard GRP v6.1 Dragon
New features include:
- Cockpit “side tanks” to reduce loose water moving around the cockpit with improved drainage systems
- Increased cockpit size – by shortening the cabin roof
- Double high-speed electric pump with solar charging and Bluetooth battery checkers
- New deck non slip design – with great grip for the crew!
- Option of traditional backstay/runner position or the new “aft cassette” which improves the angle of pull on the rigging- reducing mast compression for given load
- Option of pump outlet on deck or topsides of boat (keeps the crews bum drier)
- New cleat arrangement on cuddy top with visible cleating arrangement
- 1 pull furler standard
- Improved shroud adjustment and calibration at deck level and below deck
- Fittings selected from Harken and Allen ranges as well as many custom designed and engineered fittings
- New style low stretch, lightweight sheets
- Option of traveller/barney post and chute/cockpit launch
- New Evolution mast with modernised, light, low drag, easy serviceable fittings and improved mast bend characteristics. Used by winners of the 2018 Gold Cup and 2019 World Championship
- Option for fixed or rotating gooseneck
- Option for rigid or pneumatic boom lifter
- Redesigned deck chocking system for the mast and breakwater feature
- Improved detailing and simplification of fit out
- Rope loops for mooring as standard
- Crew hiking wedges as standard and ergonomic cockpit coamings
- New improved construction methods for accurate alignment of hull, deck, keel and mast step/gate
Terms of Trading1/3rd deposit with order. 1/3rd when hull and deck are moulded. Balance upon completion.
All prices quoted are ex-works and exclude V.A.T which is payable in the country of destination.
Once a deposit has been accepted, the price will not be altered unless there is a specification change by the client in which case any additional cost will be notified to the client in writing before work proceeds.
Once a boat has been paid for in full, it is the owners responsibility to insure it, even if it is still on our premises.
This offer is subject to the BMIF standard conditions of contract, version August 1999. Copy available on request.